Dynetics Automotive Software Section Lead in Detroit, Michigan
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Software Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Software Engineer will work closely with Stellantis, Nissan, and Ford process and quality engineering teams to develop automotive diagnostic software and maintain existing Dynetics equipment. The candidate will interface with software developers, team leads, and plant technicians to improve existing processes, debug diagnostic issues, and implement new applications.
The ideal candidate will have proven track record of success as an engineer in a customer-facing, manufacturing setting with little guidance. Candidate will display ability to process complex information from engineering and manufacturing teams to determine appropriate action to address diagnostic issues. Candidate will also display ability to identify manufacturing and process improvements and build upon existing customer business.
· Maintain existing diagnostic processes and equipment
· Facilitate investigations into identified and potential manufacturing or process concerns
· Analyze diagnostic data to determine manufacturing concerns and determine appropriate action
· Work alongside quality engineering, process engineering, and manufacturing management to identify process improvements
· Develop new diagnostic processes for new and existing vehicles
· Assist with other tasks as needed
· Position may require working overnight or outside normal working hours
· Position may require travel to other facilities or Dynetics main office (10%)
Candidate must have at least 5 years of experience developing, fielding, and maintaining automotive software solutions.
· Candidate must have experience working in automotive assembly plants.
· Candidate must possess a Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Automotive Engineering or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university.
· Candidate must demonstrate history of working in collaborative engineering environments with multi-disciplinary teams.
· Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
CAN bus communication (ISO 15765)
Server-side application development (C#, PHP)
Understanding of hardware interfacing (digital I/O, Ethernet/IP) and software interfacing (UDP/TCP, FTP)
SQL server scripting and navigation
Developing, maintaining, or debugging windows applications
Candidate must be a US Citizen and will be subjected to a Background Check.
Dynetics is an equal opportunity employer M/F/DISABLED/VET